SMLP5-5 Single-mode/Multimode Loss Test Kit
- 5-Year Warranty
- Encircled Flux Compliant – with optional mode conditioner
- USB port for transfer of stored results
- TRM® 2.0 Reporting Software (Windows® compatible)
- Certification Testing and Report Generation
- Certify multimode and single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
- Fiber identification prior to splicing
- Passive Optical Networks (PON) testing
- Save test data for Report Generation with NOYES TRM® 2.0 Software
SMLP5-5 is a rugged loss test kit for testing and certifying fiber networks to industry standards. Each SMLP5-5 Kit includes a handheld quad optical light source plus OPM5 optical power meter. The OPM5’s backlit display is easily viewed in both direct sunlight and dimly lit environments. Interchangeable adapters connect to common optical network interfaces and provide easy access for cleaning launch and receive ports.
OLS4 Quad Source is an integrated two-port LED (850 and 1300 nm) and laser (1310 and 1550 nm) light source designed for performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fiber optic links. Each port can transmit highly stabilized output (single or dual wavelength) to ensure accurate loss test results per current TIA/EIA requirements. Equipped with industry standard 2 kHz test tone, the OLS4 from AFL is an ideal tool to pair with an optical fiber identifier (OFI-200D OFI-400) for use in fiber identification.
OPM5 Optical Power Meter provides accurate measurements, reference storage for each calibrated wavelength, detects multiple test tones for fiber identification, and provides in-unit data storage. The simple to use interface allows for easy separation of test results into files. Integrated file management provides access to results and keeps cable/job results separated for fast customer report generation. Quickly transfer test results to PC via USB interface.
Automatic Wavelength Identification significantly increases efficiency
- Standard Wave ID feature automatically detects and sets the receive wavelength(s), preventing setup and measurement errors. It significantly increases efficiency and reduces technician errors, saving test time by eliminating the need to test each wavelength individually.
Test Results Storage, Transfer, and Post Processing with TRM® 2.0
- OPM5 File Management system allows technicians to organize test results into multiple files. Stored OPM results may be transferred to PC via USB port for viewing, analysis, and professional report generation using the included Windows® compatible TRM® 2.0 Basic Test Results Manager software. TRM® 2.0 allows users to apply standards-based rules to test results and create comprehensive certification reports complete with Pass/Fail results and calculated headroom.
50 and 62.5 µm Fiber Mandrels Included
- Mandrels condition test cable for use in certifying both 50 and 62.5 µm fiber links for current and planned high bit rate applications, such as Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet. Mandrels are installed on launch jumpers in seconds without tools and ensure loss measurements are tested per the TIA/EIA-568-B standard.
Encircled Flux Compliance
- International standards bodies established Encircled Flux (EF) guidelines (TIA-568-14-B and IEC 61280-1-4) to improve measurement repeatability by reducing loss measurement variation to within a target range of ± 10%.
EF Mode Conditioners attach to the output of your multimode source ensuring the “conditioned output” meets Encircled Flux specifications. Compliance requires matching the output fiber size to the network fiber under test. AFL offers both 50 µm and 62.5 µm EF Mode Conditioners. See below for list of available fiber and connector combinations.