OFI-BIPM and OFI-BI Optical Fiber Identifiers
- World class signal sensitivity
- Trigger lock, positive stop for optimum detection
- Integrated optical power meter option (-BIPM model only)
- 4” color touchscreen with backlight
- Maintenance of fiber optic networks
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Identification of live fibers or trace fibers
- Power levels verification (–BIPM model only)
The OFI-BIPM and OFI–BI are easy to use tools that determine if a fiber is live, the transmission direction and the relative core power on standard and bend-insensitive single-mode fibers. Its positive stop plunger mechanism provides the right pressure to assure proper detection while keeping loss to a minimum. The design assures traffic will not be interrupted and fibers will not be damaged.
The OFI-BI fiber identifier eliminates the need to access the optical fiber at a connection or splice point eliminating the possibility of interrupting service to a valued customer. The OFI–BIPM model provides an integrated optical power meter for verification of power levels during installation or troubleshooting activities. The universal head of these OFI’s eliminates the need to change adapter heads for jacketed, coated or ribbon fibers, making them extremely easy to use in the field. The touchscreen features provide simple to follow setup and clear to read results.
OFI-BIPM and OFI-BI Optical Fiber Identifiers are warranted against defective material and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of delivery to the end user.